Simply Resourceful

Simple ways to be more conscious about how we use our resources.

Owl Water Bottle Cover


For Christmas this year, Jon gifted Paul and me each a Mabis Water Bottle to cozy-up with at night when crawling into cold sheets.  And of course, these water bottles are good for other things such as: sore muscles, sports injuries, and headaches just to name a few.  Instead of the rubber latex against our skin, I made a cozy for the water bottle using fabric scraps.  The brown fabric is a fleece jacket sleeve and stays closed with velcro in the back for easy removal.  A primitive stitch attaches the wool designs to the brown fleece fabric.  The owl wings are corduroy fabric.  This was an easy and fun winter project.  I am still trying to decide what cozy I should make for the second water bottle. 





2 comments :

Jenn Mer June 1, 2016 at 3:05 PM  

What a fun project! I love your photographs of the steps to make this own water bottle cover. Now I feel like I can make one too.

Jenn Mer June 1, 2016 at 3:06 PM  

What a fun project! I love your photographs detailing the steps to make this owl water bottle cover. Now I feel like I can make one too.

About this blog

A weekly update on our adventures of trying to be more self-sufficient by using resources wisely. We explore a variety of topics that most broadly fit in the "Homesteading" category, i.e. beekeeping, organic gardening, edible landscaping/fruit forest, food preservation/canning, woodworking, soap-making, and environmental stewardship.

Search My Blog

I've been featured on:


Followers

Facebook

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.